Translate

Search this blog

Wednesday 31 December 2014

✍ Hotspot: Auto Series [6] - David Wailing


Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Published by David Wailing
Number of pages: 24
My rating: ★ ★ ★  I liked it

"Siobhan O’Donnell’s holiday in London wouldn’t be complete without a night at Choon – the hottest club in town!

Like all young clubbers in 2022, Siobhan and her girlfriends rely on their autos to help them enjoy an exciting night out. Especially when it comes to meeting boys. Without your auto to match profiles and calculate compatibility, how else can you find out if someone’s Hot/Not?

But there are some things, and some people, an auto can’t deal with. Siobhan discovers that when the online world is ripped away, reality can burn."


Hotspot is another excellent instalment in David Wailing's Auto Series.



A thought provoking (and more than mildly chilling) glimpse in the not-so-distant future of social networking, automation technology and their repercussions on our society and interactions.

This outing explored communication and interpersonal relationships in the year 2022...

As always, straight forward and very well thought-through.

Do give it a try, you will not regret it.
JDI, FFS, LOL, CNDB.

p.s. you might be wondering why I only rated this piece, as I did the others in the same series, three stars ("I liked it", which is actually a four stars rating on Amazon)... that is indeed a difficult one for me to explain rationally... Although I love David Wailing's writing style, and endeavour to read all and any of his works, I have not found myself loving these stories. I suppose, if I had to rationalise it, it might be due to their stark reality, which I find just too close to home for comfort. That is however just a personal feeling and no reflection whatsoever on this excellent author.

No comments: