Translate

Search this blog

Monday 29 December 2014

✍ Dangerous Dream: A Beautiful Creatures Story [0.5] - K. Garcia & M. Stohl


Genre: Teens & YA,
Published by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Number of pages: 46
My rating: ★  I did not liked it

"The #1 New York Times bestselling Beautiful Creatures series continues in this brand-new digital-exclusive story.

Catch up with Ethan, Lena, and Link as they finally graduate from high school and get ready to leave the small Southern town of Gatlin. But when Dark Caster Ridley makes an appearance, the sometime bad girl can't resist picking a fight with her sometime boyfriend, Link. Angry and rebellious as ever, Ridley ends up alone in New York City and becomes entangled in the dangerous underground Caster club scene, where the stakes are high and losers pay the ultimate price.

Where's a Linkubus when you need him?"

Dangerous Dream is a novella intended to introduce readers to the Dangerous Creatures series, without having to have read the popular Beautiful Creatures series.


The premise of the story is right up my street - packed with dark supernatural beings, and given that this book is only around 35 pages long, this should have been a very enjoyable quick read... yet it took me three days to force myself to finish it.

For the first time in an incredibly long while I did not enjoy any aspect of this work.

There were too many characters who were mentioned but who did not actually have any active part in this story. None of them seemed to gel or stir any interest or sympathy in me as a reader.

I also found the writing style arduous , and I was left feeling that vast amounts of words were used to convey the least amount of information. It lacked pace.

Unfortunately, Dangerous Dream has not only completely failed to engage me and spur me to purchase either series, it has in fact achieved the opposite and deterred me from reading anything further from these authors.

[ARC received via Netgalley]

No comments: